How to help
Why More Research is Needed:
- Someone dies every five hours from mesothelioma in the UK
- There are 33% more deaths from mesothelioma than from cervical cancer
- There will be over a million deaths in western Europe by 2035
- 100,000 people alive today will die with mesothelioma
There are many ways to help us:
- Donate: everyone’s donation is welcome, even a small amount of money can make the difference. If you would like to help us:
- Online shop: please visit our online shop, where you can find some products to buy and help the foundation.
- Volunteering: we will be very grateful to everyone who wishes to volunteer. Please get in touch with us.
- Events: organising your own event not only raises money for mesothelioma research but can also be a way of celebrating the life of a loved one by setting up a Snowdrop Memorial Fund in honour of a beloved victim to mesothelioma.
- Spread the voice: help us to increase the awareness of the Mesothelioma’s causes and risks.
The Mick Knighton Mesothelioma Research Fund works to improve the lives of people with mesothelioma across the UK
How you can help us?
It’s thanks to the generosity of our wonderful supporters that we’re able to continue with our life-saving work. From taking part in events, raising money at work and getting involved in one of our campaigns, to volunteering or giving in another way, here’s how you can help us to help others.
Donate today, to save, prolong and improve the lives of those with mesothelioma
Help fund critical research
Research into understanding, alleviations, treating and preventing mesothelioma is our work. Since the Mick Knighton Mesothelioma Research Fund was founded, all our donations have invested research into mesothelioma and promoting a greater awareness into the disease.
- Celebrate and Give
- Donate in memory
- Snowdrop Memorial Fund
- Other ways to donate
Research is the best way to fight mesothelioma. Mick Knighton Mesothelioma Fund/ British Lung Foundation scientists are researching into improve the lives of those with mesothelioma.
Leave us a gift in your will
A legacy from you would make a big difference to our work
With a gift in your will, you could help fund world-class research to fight mesothelioma. A legacy from your will means we can continue to commit to vital long-term research projects. Please consider leaving us a legacy. We would be extremely grateful.
Other ways to donate
All our donations is very gratefully received and very much appreciated – here are some ways you can help.
Donate direct to us via PayPal
Gift Aid- make your donation worth 25% more at no extra cost to you. If you are a UK taxpayer and the amount of income tax or capital gains tax you pay equals, or is more than, the amount of tax we would claim back on your donation, you are eligible for Gift Aid. This enables us to receive the equivalent of 25% of your donation back from the Inland Revenue. To give a declaration of your Gift Aid status click he for the appropriate form.